Rainy Days are almost over

It's mid October and the rains are getting lesser.  This month feels like summer though... just before it will get a bit cooler.  Then I should be starting with
my winter knitting now! Well, let's see how much I can do..with so much activities coming around soon before the year ends I might just be knitting small things like hats among all other projects that I have to finish in time for my sister's baby boy.


GARDENING
Avocado seeds

Aside from yarn crafts which I've been doing a lot.  I wanted to plant a few fruits and herbs, I was able to buy Kalamansi from Margao. It's a small type of lime, which is said to originate from China, but is widely grown in my home country, Philippines.  I do not seem to find this type of lime sold in the local markets around Goa.  So I decide to buy and plant my own.  A few filipina friends around South Goa have grown their kalamansi too and have harvested already.

I also wanted to plant avocados.  They are seasonal fruits and are very expensive here in India around 200-300/kilo  While back at home in Cebu, Philippines, my mom planted two seeds and now every June she harvest a lot of fruits from the tree.  Some friends even ask her to sold it to them, and she did...only for around Php30-40/kl.  What a difference in the price!  I hope this would be successful, where it's getting proper sunlight by the window.  Last year when I planted and put it outside our dogs neighbors come at the backyard and fight around there, so then nothing survive of it, even after a few weeks a root has started to come out of the seed.


YARN CRAFT AND SEWING


I had finished this baby blanket from last year and just kept it around.  Sometimes I think that it's best that I knit/crochet items that I wouldn't think of using at the moment.  I know on a later time, somebody is going to benefit from it.  Other items on the photo like the knitted hats and rompers, I have knitted a few months back.  I have also sewn few rompers and a pants.  I have to add more pants though before sending them off and I have yet to finish a pair of shoes too.

March hat free pattern by Meghan Babin
This hat pattern is in ravelry and the yarn is Ganga Merino Wool that I have purchase from pradhan .  I think i must have purchase this yarn from last year and only got to use it now.  As one of my friends told me, you wouldn't like to work again with acrylic once you use Merino wool.   So true, because this yarn is so soft and squishy.  This is just one of many adult hats I want to make for friends this christmas.  This one's for  a friend who is going back to work in a cruise ship.  He is leaving soon, so I hope to finish this hat and another one for him too.  The morning after I took this photo, I had a very painful experience of carpal tunnel syndrome? So, I didn't do any knitting, crochet, driving, baking for 3 days.  But since I have other orders to be done, I have to get back slowly, like maybe just half an hour crochet in the morning and half an hour again in the evening.

Any crafters out there who have this experience? How long did you take a break? And in between crafting time, how long do you take a break?










Comments