Yarn Review - gulera Softly 3 ply cotton

  First of all, I was busy with lots of things, from doing these crochet made to orders, doctor's appointments, baking, and doing house work since my husband is still work at home.  One year has flown by and this work at home is still going on.  Covid cases are also increasing in Goa now, so we seldom really go outside unless for important reasons.  

Gulera softly 3 ply cotton

It's been quite sometime now, since I haven't done a yarn review here.  Well, this cotton yarn is not so new by the way, but have just use them for a few projects now. One is this baby mittens in white, which I have done from October last year. Then this teal bobble doily this february.  I like the drape of this cotton and even its softness compared to anchor cotton.  And I love this white specially, because it isn't stiff to the touch.  Now this is good especially for babies because of its softness and drape.  I also did like how this teal doily turned out. Even the way this is plied is just enough, since some for me are too lose or too tight.  I feel that if a yarn is plied to tight it also gives a bit stiffer of the finished product. 

Baby mittens using gulera softly 3 ply cotton in white

 
 
bobble doily in gulera softly 3 ply cotton in teal
 
 Gulera softly 3 ply cotton can be bough at pradhan embroidery stores.  Comes in 100grams in a hank, uses 2.75mm - 3.25mm 



I still have this maroon shade left too from previous made to order doilies...so I might plan to make a garment in this to see the drape in it. For now, I have to finished a knitted baby jacket by this week and then another doily in apple green still in gulera 3 ply cotton.  

Let me know in the comments, if anyone of you readers have use this gulera softly 3 ply cotton. If you've use it to make garments, how is the drape?
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments