Craft material shopping before 2020 ends

Craft shopping

 
First of all, I wanted to post before christmas.  But I didn't have anymore time to organize. 
 
 I have made a promise to myself that I won't be buying any piece of clothing, and craft materials (especially yarns) by december.  I did however bought some more fabrics, like these checkered peach, zigzags and geometric designs. I'm trying to get away from florals because I have too many and it is readily available in Margao.  These are cotton fabrics and the quality is much better than what I get in Margao. I got these from @onestopfabricshop on IG.  Her cotton fabrics are really nice of high quality, although I had so much trouble because of the courier. Since I'm 45 minutes from Margao, some couriers aren't covering the area.  I think that even the owner of @onestopfabricshop also had a hardtime giving instructions to her staff, but still they dont get it.  Via Indiapost, I always get it fast or it won't get lost, since post office is a walking distance to our house.  The plain fabrics, I got from Margao.  These are also cotton ones, but very soft type which I really like.

I also bought half meter of insul bright to make for more potholders.  This I have purchase online via etsy at verafabrics.

I don't seem to find this insulated type of batting around India.  It reached within 2 weeks from UK to India, which is not too much of a waiting time. I also bought some wooden rings on amazon.in,  @knot_it_all (ig account), which I wanted to use for my kitchen towels.I forgot now, when it arrived. I guess in november that was.:-) but I just opened it now. 

So, I really didn't buy much of craft materials, which is a good thing for now because I want to slowly declutter things in the house.  

 Finished Projects

This  blue top, is one the biggest project I had to finish at least before this year ends.  This is cobbler pattern by Martin Storey from Rowan Designs.  After a year, I finally finished this. hahaha..I would say this is an intermediate design. Though the pattern is an easy repeat, but I got lost in counting and found it hard when the pattern says to decrease number of stitches in a row and at the end you need to get that certain stitch counting.  Or maybe it's just my first time doing a pattern from Martin Storey. :-) I am putting this particular on available for purchase. Please check on my IG ready to ship and send me a dm.


baby mittens for twin boys




cloth masks

 
 

 

Tablecloths are done and just need to weave in ends with the pink one.  Small projects like the baby mittens and sewn face masks I have too..during the past month. 

May we all have a better 2021...as uncertain as we are.  May we always have renewed hope everytime.  Compliments of the season! Merry Christmas to everyone

Comments