Purchasing Fabrics this lockdown

We've all been struggling on this lockdown since whenever this has started in own places. And as with any other struggle, that includes purchasing our craft materials to keep us sane during this period of uncertainty.  After more than a month, I went around Margao to just check what shops are open.  Unfortunately, L.K. Sawant and Sons shops is still not open.  It's the shop I frequent for I buy those quirky print cotton fabrics.

Then recently just around 2 weeks ago.  I just tried searching on fb marketplace, maybe i'll get lucky searching for cotton fabrics or any cotton blend with some quirky prints.  I've got too much florals already, so I really wanted some geometric, animal, or any other cute prints just except for florals.  I really need new fabrics now..something coordinating with the ones I have already. But even so, I need more fabrics to coordinate after I bought the ones I have posted below.

So,  I found this Nafees Collection on Facebook marketplace, then found out that she has an ig account.  She then included me in her customers/buyers list, so i can get updates on the fabrics that she is selling.

Her ig account is @national.fabrics53.  I got around 7 fabric designs that I have purchase from her.  She's got a really nice collection compared to if I buy in the shops in Margao. A lot of geometric designs, florals, checks, chevrons, abstracts, plus she sells laces, and imported fabrics too.








These fabrics I got from @national.fabrics53 are all cotton/rayon mix.  Can't resist them because of the prints, specially the geometric black, chevron and starbucks print.

Here are other ig shops in India, that are selling fabrics. I also plan to buy fabrics from these shops to see and compare the quality of fabrics that they are selling.  Now, have to think of projects to make with these.

@fabricflossy
@just.fabrics
@rida_world
@fabricfrenzy_
@fabulous_fabrics_in_town
@onestopfabricshop

I may have yet to discover other sellers out there. if you know of an online shop on fb or ig..please give me a comment.





Comments

Mimi said…
Lovely fabric finds, Fe! I also like cotton and rayon...and the prints on it too :j
knitwerks said…
Yes! these fabrics are really lovely. Now I need to stop buying first and do a lot of sewing projects :-) ...after all my made to order projects.