Online shopping during lockdown

Amazon Shopping

Since settling in Goa, I always do online shopping.  There's just more choices than going out to Margao, roaming around, especially now the rainy days have started.  It's just a hassle. I like to shop for electronics, housewares, and even craft materials that I cannot find in any of the online craftshops here in India.  


This Philips Avent Sterilizer was such a deal! Well, it was a very cheap buy.  I don't really know what this is cheaper here compared to buying if I was in Philippines.  I actually send this thru a friend and it was for my sister who just had a baby boy.  In Philippines, this would be around Php7,xxx...quiet expensive.




I've been looking around for this in Margao, but it seems it is so limited or the shop wasn't selling this type anymore.  The first one was bought by my sister in law. And this particular green long handled dustpan i purchase online.  I am after the handle of the dustpan since it is very uncomfortable to sweep while stooping down on the floor. I purchase this on March 1,2020 and quite satisfied with it and it is still working well as of now, so far nothing is broken.


We have been doing Amazon Pantry shopping recently because  I'm just too scared to go to the Main market in Margao and more because of the rain.

Among those we we purchase are those that we need to secure at the Main Market like olive oil, detergent powder, which is good when you get in bulk because it will be cheaper.



I like Ariel detergent brand, the problem with this was the transporting, one bag must have burst inside the box.  It's a shame it cannot be returned.  and the detergent was all over the product box.  Good enough, other food items in the same delivery pacakage was wrap inside a diffrent plastic bag. I wouldn't buy this again in Amazon if they won't take care of the delivery properly. 



So far, for all the other items like the olive oil, oats, toothpaste the expiry dates are still long enough.   It was manufactured 8/8/2019 and shelf life is 24 months.  It is not fresh but I can consider it with regards to its shelf life.




Comments