Lockdown Diaries

On Lockdown



As much as I like to stay at home doing different kinds of crafts to entertain myself and be productive, learn different kinds crafts, the quarantine has got me bored too on some days.  When I think of  lunch for the day after, since my husband started to work at home, that really bores me just thinking what to cook...:-) 

Summer came and April was the hottest month I would say.  I got so much prickly heat.  But as I am writing this, on 3nd of June, rain has poured since last night and non stop today.  


Quarantine Crafts

I have pending projects even before the lockdown. 

cobbler top
The Cobbler top by Amanda Crawford from Rowan Knitting, well... until now its still a WIP, but happy to be able to finished the body's front and back part.  I had trouble understanding the instructions and couldn't find anything helpful on ravelry.  I thought it's just me...who didn't understand this.  Then I was unto the sleeves and I ran out of yarn, which was when the lockdown just started.  Yarn is anchor 4ply knitting cotton from  pradhanembroiderystores.  It's good to do projects using the yarns that I can get here locally, not just to promote them, but encourage local crafters to use locally produced yarns. I have to order soon, so I can finish this and tick it off  of my WIP list.

Holiday or any day tablerunner

This is one of my made to orders and its been a delay for this, since last year...oops!

Pattern is Holiday or Any day Tablerunner from yarnspirations.com.  I have used Ganga Hobby India, which is an acrylic thread also purchase from pradhan embroidery stores online.  I am not so in favor of this acrylic thread on this project since the pattern is lacy,  I guess it gets more defined when you use something of cotton or other type of material,,,but just not acrylic.  If it is a a solid stitch maybe it would look better. or the material will behave much more different.  I just have to weave in the ends of this and do the border.


seersucker hats

The pattern is March hat by Meghan Babhin.  For the grey hat, I used an ice yarns yarn called Peru Alpaca light.  Its very soft and light and would be ideal even for the light winters here in Goa.  I have one and half balls left I guess.  I have used mostly for hats and scarves from previous projects.  The green is the Ganga Merino Wool also from pradhan embroidery stores. Oh how I love this yarn! so soft and cuddly and squeezy.  I would like to make a winter cardigan or jacket with this yarn next...when I get the time or when I have tick of my WIPs on the list. :-)




I've also done some baby garment sewing.  These are woven cotton fabrics I have purchase from a local shop in Margao.  Next time I will take a photo of that shop, because these kind of fabrics with baby or cute prints I only get at that shop.  Last time i purchase I even got discounted fabrics, those they were selling on discount with whatever was left like 1.5-2 meters.   Noor shop is there,  but most of their woven cotton fabrics are floral ones, which is quiet common to shop around.

These baby pants are for size 1 year old.  When I sewed these, this was just a sewing exercise on how  to do the rise properly base on the sew pajamas from melly sews.  I love her patterns because they're easy to follow and always have well detailed instructions.

fabric masks
I've also made a lot of cloth masks.  All cotton fabrics I purchase around Margao market and during our local sunday market.  This is just a bit of my community help when the lockdown started and have given these mostly to friends and family members.  

I hope everyone is well, keeping fit, healthy and safe as we don't know yet until when this virus will be gone.

If you are visiting South Goa or have plans of coming, do drop me a message.  Maybe I can share some info to you whether you are a crafter or not.












Comments