Sewing and buying fabrics

Christmas Sewing from 2019

I've been doing a lot of sewing after wedding season got over in Goa.  I am getting less cakes/desserts order, so I do have more time now for more sewing.  Being a beginner, I am mostly sewing for babies and looking for easy patterns.  Eventually, I want to learn more on how to sew garments including adults.  During the past year I was mostly sewing pillowcases and cosmetic bags. Sewing those cosmetic bags taught me to learn how to add a zipper properly and attaching a lining inside.
Recently, before Christmas of 2019 I sewed  quilted throw pillow cases.




Quilting work is just basic for this pillow. I purposely bought this printed Christmas fabric in Philippines when I went home last year because I was already planning to do  a simple and fast project for the season.

Sewing for babies


baby pants

I really like sewing these baby pants cause its simple and fast. I got the pattern from pinterest and these are to give to my friend who is along her 3rd month of pregnancy.  She is finally going home to Philippines, after months of not being able to eat what she wants while here in Goa.  A lot of superstition on food among the older people here in Goa is believe to not good or as they label is "STRONG" to eat when you're pregnant.  Even if the doctor says you can eat anything, mostly the mother in laws are the ones who will object on not eating those foods.  

In the fabric market in Goa, I really do find it hard to look for prints as cute as these.  I think that I should buy more whenever I see prints like these to stitch for kids clothing or just anything that i find cute.  Florals are a lot so I mostly look for these type of prints..

new fabrics bought in Margao, Goa

From time to time, if I get a chance to go to the market in Margao, I buy fabrics. Saturday, March 29, I just went to see on one of the shops where I got those previous prints.  I spent total Rs800 on these and these are quite of good quality, comparing to sometimes I am able to buy those very stiff types.  The one on the bottom is a very soft flowy kind of cotton. These are cheap, but if I compare to the quality of cotton prints that I get in Philippines, the quality is better there and they're almost of the same price if converted to rupees.

fabrics from philippines

All of these are cotton fabrics too that I have bought in my hometown and on online sellers in the philippines.  The quality is much more better than those I bought from here and the prints are very nice...there are really a lot to choose from.  I think that most of these fabrics are imported from thailand, japan, korea, vietnam.  These also are not expensive compared to buying online.  Price is ranging from Php85-Php150/180 per meter, just around like that.  




cotton stretch
These are cotton stretch fabrics. I bought also while I was in Philippines. Prices of these range from Php130-Php160/ meter.  I'm still looking for a simple dress pattern to practice in one of these fabrics.  Cotton stretch isn't available in the local Indian Market, well I know in the Market around Margao, Goa. I dont know for the rest of India. 

I can only buy if someone is going home to PH from Goa, or someone is coming here to Goa.  So I just bought again a total of around 3.5 kgs of cotton stretch fabric with some cute prints in it which I plan to make of baby/kids clothing. I'll post photos once it comes.

So if you plan to go on a vacation to Philippines here are the IG accounts of the online sellers I bought these fabrics from.  I forgot from which particular seller I bought each fabric that I have posted.

@ohmyfabric
@telamarketing88
@@telabizmnl

And if you go around the shopping centers there are fabric shops too, which also have a lot range to choose from. 

Crochet and Knit finished Projects

baby shoes in pink/brown - size 6 months
This baby shoes is available for purchase now drop me a dm on ig @knitwerksandcrafts

baby shorts size up to 1 year

baby blanket



The baby shorts and blanket will go together with the fabric baby pants. Then the hat was a gift for a birthday girl who turned 12 years old.

Happy Sewing to me on the coming summer months!














Comments