Home Baking In Goa


I have been baking since I settled in 2015 in Goa and still trying to improve my handwork til the present.
I have grown my customers since then..with most have become regular customers.  Buttercream is my medium, I rarely use fondant since it is mostly for aesthetic, most of the time I use fondant for toppers.

All buttercream decorated chotta bheem cake

I have been using a handmixer only for the past 2 years...(What a shame!) Well, that is because I really wanted to save and buy myself a kitchenaid standmixer.  Back home in Cebu, Philippines my mom has 2 of it.  She had a bakeshop from years back then...but now its my sister who has replaced her but working from home now.  I know how durable and long lasting kitchenaid products are. Our kitchenaid standmixer in Cebu is still there and its over 15-20 years already!

Since I don't have the money yet to buy kitchenaid.  I tried to search for a standmixer that is durable enough and to stand the demands of cake/bread making if it arises.  


TAURUS MIXING CHEF


So, I bought this instead.which was for Rp12,965.00.  So far it's working well and meeting my baking demands especially during the holiday season.  I don't have a problem until lately I'm experiencing some minor grounding. I have baked breads, cakes, and meringue base desserts successfully with this.  I love that there is a cover for the mixing bowl...only thing is the mixer accessories has some rubber on top which make it difficult for me to pour ingredients, cause sometimes it gets on the rubber on top of the mixing accessory.  It would have been nice also for the mixing bowl to have a handle.

I bake filipino desserts as well.  A few filipina friends around who are living in Goa miss filipino food and desserts from Philippines.  Sometimes I give in to their requests, though some ingredients are hard to find especially in Goa.    If somebody goes home to Philippines, that's the only way to get some ingredients or products we need here.

Thanks for reading! Til my next yarn crafting or baking!











Comments