Winter is Coming...in a month


Some days are warm, when there is no rain. During my last post, it was raining like the whole week. Now, it's been sunny the whole week! A bit of rain came this afternoon, not heavy enough to cool down.

It's October and in a month's time it will be winter! I should be making something for me for the coming chilly season.

 photo IMG_1365_1.jpg

 photo IMG_1366.jpg

This made to order poncho is finally done. Next week I will deliver this one to the owner. I hope it will fit her nicely and she will be satisfied with this handmade product. I will finished weaving the ends of this by today. I will take a photo of the owner too wearing her poncho.

So I cannot wait, and immediately started another project for a baby boy (my husband's cousin's son) who's turning 1 in november.

 photo 20150903_150914-01_1.jpeg

Using this yarn, which was my first purchase when I came here to India. Yarn brand is NAKO SAten, which is 100% microfibre acrylic.

 photo 20150903_150657-01_1.jpeg

Another one of my purchases with the NAKO Saten yarn, which I plan to make into a blouse/cover up for myself.

As the seasons change, so does the supply of fruits and vegetables here. Cooking and baking is a bit more of a challenge here, because of vegetables that I have to wait to be in season, hard to find cake ingredients, like the evaporated milk.  photo 20150924_150521-01.jpeg

Like this fresh green peas, it got more expensive during this rainy season. They are abundant during the summer time here. But I really like these fresh ones better, which are soft compared to the canned ones, I used to buy when I was in Philippines or Singapore. I just took a photo of the peas, since it was the first time i saw them fresh in the pods.  photo 20150924_150507-01.jpeg

 photo 20150924_150702-01.jpeg

Comments

Mimi said…
I have missed this post, Fe! I guess we've all forgotten to blog and to check other's blogs - so many other social media sites competing for our time!

I really like that poncho, but it looks warm for wearing here, isn't it?
Those are very nice yarns!...are you still buying more yarns? :)
knitwerks said…
It's warm to wear even here during the day time specially now that it is summer. winter nights should be fine wearing this.

It's ok you miss this. I also haven't updated now for quite sometime.:-)