Yarn review - anchor knitting cotton India

As I have been living in India for quite sometime now(my 3rd year living here) and I love doing thread/yarn craft  I thought of thinking a yarn review.  There are still a lot of yarn that I have to try, that are being produce in India.  Although mostly are acrylic or acrylic blend and cotton yarns are produce, but through my 2 year of living in India there have been new manufacturers that are coming out in the Indian market.  India is also a top producer for silk, but for now I would want to review first on those more affordable ones in the market and those that are often use.

Anchor knitting cotton is one of the affordable threads that is produce in India.  I like to use is because it is cotton.  Most of the wearable projects that I have done previously I have made use of this thread.  I mostly buy my supplies at pradhan embroidery stores online.  Anyway, online shopping has been promoted so much here already and that is my easiest access to everything I need rather than wasting time going around in the local market with very little choice or supply I will get.  The thread info online says this thread is a size 10, but actually it is comparable to size 8.  It is really thicker comparing to all the size 10 thread I have used.


purple and white anchor knitting cotton

Here are some projects I have made of this thread.

coffee colored short sleeve cardigan
I love the color of this thread. The pattern is beauty silk cotton bolero from pierrot yarns. This was a project by my student who already have a background in crochet.  She wanted so much to learn how to do something wearable.  So she did this for her birthday.  She use only 3.5 balls of anchor knitting cotton for size (32" bust).



kid's lace cardigan
This cardigan i got the chart on pinterest.  And this cardigan was for a size 6 years old girl.  The color of this thread is very lemony..very nice color.



my sleeveless wave top


sleeveless wave top
This top's pattern is from pierrot yarns called pearl lame linen summer top.  I love how this turned out too.  I used 4.5 balls of the thread and weight is still good.


The pattern I used was also from pierrot yarns called sarato cotton sweater.  I was mostly concerned of the weight of the tops.  But this one too was still of acceptable weight probably because it is of lace stitch.




This is Betty Sweater by Moon Eldridge. Now I forgot how many balls of thread I use for this but this came too heavy for a top.  If I'd do this top again, I would use a lighter thread or  yarn for this.

The other thing that I liked with this thread is that it doesn't stretch much. and just goes back to its shape even after washing.  Maybe it is because of the way it is plied?





Comments